Creating simple workflow for Sharepoint online, Office 365
Sharepoint Designer 2010 is the tool for business users to customize their sharepoint site without much technical knowledge. You can create custom web pages, lists, document libraries, content types and workflows using Sharepoint Designer 2010.
You can download sharepoint designer 2010 for free from Microsoft website.
In this article we’ll see how to create a simple workflow for Sharepoint /Office 365. This workflow will send an email to a specific email id whenever a new item is added to a sharepoint document library or list by a specific person.
1. Open sharepoint designer 2010
2. Press Open Site and enter URL of your sharepoint 365 site, you need to provide the credentials to connect to the site.
3. Select Workflows from Site Objects panel in the left
4. Click on List Workflows and select the document library for which you want to add workflow, in this case I’ve selected Project Images.
5. Type Name and Description for your workflow and select OK.
6. Click on Condition and select Created by a specific person
7. Click on specific person link and select the person to check.
8. Click on Action and select Send an Email
9. Click on these users link and add the email address to send email.
10. Type subject and body of the email.
11. The completed workflow should look like this.
12. Goto workflow settings and check Start Options
13. Finally, deploy the workflow by clicking Publish button in the ribbon.
Once successfully deployed, test the workflow by adding a new item to the document library. And check your inbox for the email.
Sharepoint designer 2010 is a powerful tool for business users; we can create lot of custom content for our sharepoint site using built-in tools provided by Sharepoint designer 2010.