Basic Search Center is a search template which searches the content of the site and displays in pages, in Basic Search Center we can customize search contents with advanced search concepts like using keywords with AND, OR, NOT Logics.
Creating Basic Search Center in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions, select Basic Search Center from it.
3. When the create button is clicked the Basic Search Center site is created.
4. In Basic Search Center we can search with keywords that available in our site and the result will be displayed.
5. Click on Preferences to choose your customized preferences.
6. In Preferences select languages or set default to your browser’s language and click on Save Preferences to save your customized preferences.
7. We can also customize our search with Advance search settings by clicking Advanced.
8. In Advanced search we can search the keyword with Phrases, as Words, in Languages.
We can also restrict properties of keyword with AND, OR, NOT Logics also.
9. We can also add or remove the property restrictions by clicking plus symbol or minus symbol.
Our Search will contain logics and functions in the search box, and searches our required keywords.