An Asset Library is a special instance of a document library that is specially designed to store digital assets such as images, audio files, and videos.
Creating Asset Library in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions, select Asset Library from it.
3. When create button is clicked Asset Library is created.
4. We can add images, videos, and audio files by uploading them in Asset Library. To upload files click on Add new item.
5. Choose file to upload, click on OK to upload. Edit the properties of file and click on Save to save file.
Asset Library is a special Document library for Audio, Video and Images. In Asset Library the files have thumbnail preview and mouse over preview rather than in document library. It reads some special information from the uploaded files like picture height and width or picture taken date.