Sharepoint allows users to organize their meetings in Basic Meeting Workspace. It’s a site used to organize, plan, and capture the results of a meeting. It provides lists for managing the agenda, meeting attendees and documents.
Creating Basic Meeting Workspace in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions, select Basic Meeting Workspace from it.
3. When create button is clicked Basic Meeting Workspace is created.
4. We can add Objectives, Agenda, and Document Library files by clicking on Add new item.
5. We can add or remove Attendees by clicking on Manage attendees.
From ribbon tools select New Item from Items.
6. Click the icon to find users to attend meeting and click OK to add the user as Attendee.
SharePoint Meeting Workplace allows end-users to create and manage their meetings and all the content related to a meeting like, agendas, presentations, attachments. It consists of features like sending alerts to users for the meeting, viewing meeting results etc.