Task is a list template to track personal or team tasks in SharePoint 2010. We can add task, assign tasks to resources, edit or update tasks details and we can also attach files to tasks.
Creating Tasks in SharePoint
1. Open your SharePoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions.
3. Select Tasks, click on create after providing name.
4. When Tasks is created, Click on Add new item to create new tasks.
5. Set title, priority, status, description, start, due dates to Tasks.
SharePoint provides more features like adding predecessors, assign to peoples etc.
6. We can set and manage alerts on Tasks.