Project Task is a list template to track team or personal tasks in Sharepoint 2010. We can add project tasks, assign to resources, edit or update details and attach files. Project Tasks also provides Summary Tasks and Gantt chart view to the users, so that they can view their reports graphically.
Project Tasks can be opened using Microsoft Project or other compatible programs.
Creating Project Tasks in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions.
3. Select Project Tasks, click on create after providing name.
4. When Tasks is created, your Project Tasks page is opened.
To create new tasks click New Item on Items from List tools.
5. The New Item Contains two option to users.
1. Task is to track a work item that team needs to complete.
2. Summary Task is to group or describe related tasks that team needs to complete.
6. To create task click on Task and provide the data on the fields and click on Save.
7. When Task or Summary Task is created Project Task provide a Gantt chart view of the task created.
(Gantt chart with Task)
(Gantt chart with Summary task)