Document Workspace is a site for your colleagues to work together on a document. It provides a document library for storing the primary document and supporting files. It also provides a tasks list, an announcement and a link list for resources related to the document.
Creating Document Workspace in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions.
3. Select Document Workspace, click on create after providing name and url.
4. In Document Workspace we’ve the following options Announcements, Shared Documents, Tasks, Members, Links.
5. Click on Add new Announcement to create new announcements.
Check article about Announcement here.
6. Click on Add document from Shared Document to upload a document.
7. Click on Add new item from Lists to add new tasks.
Check article about Tasks here.
8. View members related to this site in Members area.
9. Click on Add new link to create new links to use in the Document Workspace.