SharePoint provides Assets Web Database to keep track of assets, including asset details and owners of it. In Assets Web Database we can synchronize our all assets report in Microsoft Access.
Creating Assets Web Database in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions.
3. Select Assets Web Database, click on create after providing name and url.
4. When the Assets Web Database is created it opens Getting Started page. Click on the Current Assets to get started.
5. Click on New Asset to create new Assets.
6. After providing all details to Assets click on Save & New to save the current window and create another Asset or click on Save & Close to save and exit the current window.
7. We can add our own categories by clicking on Category dropdown and selecting Edit List Items.
8. We can create Retired Assets as we created Current Assets.
In the next article we’ll see how to work with Reports and add users to the database.