Skype released a new version of their VOIP application for the Windows Phone 8 platform. The update is aimed at improving reliability and performance, but it does include a couple of improved features.
Skype has temporarily disabled the Public Hub integration as it was causing issues with device stability. Skype is working with the Windows Phone team to resolve the issue and to enable the integration again in the future release.
A complete list of changes are mentioned below
- Updated chat keyboard with improved autocomplete/autocorrect is now available.
- Buddies from Windows Live Messenger are labelled in the People list.
- Added option to enable toast notifications for Windows Live Messenger buddies.
- People Hub integration temporarily disabled.
In addition to it Skype has fixed a number of issues from the previous version.
- Significantly improved the reliability of presence and chat and call notifications when the app is closed.
- Improved call reliability.
- In some cases, chat messages would appear in incorrect order. Chat messages will now appear in correct order, by timestamp.