This is the continuation of Using Group Work Site in Sharepoint – Part I, in this article we will discuss about how to work with Announcement, What’s New, Whereabouts and Links.
Managing Group Work Site in Sharepoint
1. Open the Group Work Site created in the previous article.
2. Click on Add new Announcement from Announcement List to create new announcement.
3. After providing details in Announcement window click on Save to save.
4. Click Add new link from Links List to add new links.
5. Click on Save after providing links URL, description and notes.
6. The Upcoming events in the Group Calendar will be shown in What’s New list and the person response to it will be shown in Whereabouts.
Sharepoint makes it easy to create and manage Group Work Site across the company. We can create group calendar, make announcements, and add links to the site. We can set the Attendees for the Event with its responses. In what’s new list the upcoming event is populated and alerts user.
In addition, Sharepoint provides tools like Email notification, Alerts and RSS integration to work with your Group Work Site.