Group Work Site is a site which provides groupware solutions that enables teams to create, organize, and share information quickly and easily. It includes Group Calendar, Circulation, Phone-call Memo, and other basic lists.
Creating Group Work Site in Sharepoint
1. Open your Sharepoint site.
2. Click More Option from Site actions.
3. Select Group Work Site, click on create after providing name and url.
4. When the Group Work Site is created it opens Home page.
5. In Group Work Site we have,
- Group Calendar,
- What’s New,
- Links etc.
6. Click on Add new to create new Calendar Event from Group Calendar List.
7. Click on Save after providing Title, Start-End Times, and Attendees for the Group Calendar List.
8. We can add persons for Group Calendar to use by clicking on browse icon or filling the user name in the text box.
In the next article we’ll see to work with Announcements, What’s New, Whereabouts and Links.