SharePoint Designer 2013 Preview is a tool to develop SharePoint applications. Advanced users can compose no-code solutions that encompass a variety of common scenarios, from collaborative sites and web publishing to Line-Of-Business data integration, business intelligence solutions, and human workflows, leveraging the building blocks available in SharePoint in an easy to use environment. In addition, developers can use SharePoint Designer 2013 Preview to get a quick start on SharePoint development projects.
In this article we will discuss about how to Create New Users using SharePoint Designer 2013.
Managing SharePoint 2013 Preview Account with SharePoint Designer
1. Open SharePoint Designer and click on Open Site.
2. Enter site URL and click open to open your site.
3. SharePoint Designer 2013 opens the site and display site contents like Team Site, List & Libraries etc. in Site Objects Panel and site details like site information, customization and permissions etc. on the right side panels.
Creating Users / Groups in Sharepoint Designer 2013
1. To create User click on Add Users / Groups from the ribbon.
2. Select users or groups to add to the site, email address can also be used to add users.
3. Select SharePoint group or assign direct permissions (Full Control, Edit and Contribute etc.) to the users.
We can create many users from SharePoint Designer and the changes will be made in SharePoint 2013 Preview online.
In this article we saw how to open your SharePoint 2013 site in SharePoint designer 2013 and work with sites. We also saw how to create users and groups. In the upcoming articles we’ll explore in-depth what SharePoint designer 2013 has to offer in terms of increasing your productivity while working with SharePoint 2013.