Lync revolutionize the meeting rooms, for the corporate world, by introducing Lync Room System to the market with the help of SMART Technologies Inc. SMART made sure they make a product which will make even a loser look smart. How? Mostly setting up meeting conferences, involving remote people via online connection, is mostly not an easy job to perform. SMART provides such a state of the art combination of software and hardware which only requires one click to set the whole thing up by itself, making it super simplified for the users to experience virtual and face-to-face participation in the meetings and provides with a seamless online sharing of real time video, voice and data.
- Quad Core Intel Ivy Bridge
- HDMI and VGA video cards
- HD camera(s) with wide field of view of 109 degrees.
- Touch enabled display
- Single 55”-84” with 1080p for smaller conferences
- 1080p Dual 55”-70” with 1080p for larger conferences
- 11” with 720p for extra large conferences.
- Wideband audio
- Customized microphones and speakers
- An HD camera with 109° field of view, the widest so far for conference meeting allows everyone in the room to be easily seen in the screen by the remote and giving them a real room conference feeling.
- The displays used offer super powers, like offering integrated ink controls for color selection and proximity detection i.e. they automatically sense movements shown by the user(s) and turn on the display if user enters the room and switch off when observes no one in the room.
- Emailing specialized notes to meeting participants once the session is ended, has been made instant easy.
- Special cables have been used to optimize touch system and resultantly improve the response time by many folds so the users do not suffer any delay time while the meeting is in process.
- Lync Room System integrates with Microsoft Lync requiring no extra hardware or software.
- The touch screen used in Lync Room System let users use a pen on a white board and slide content here and there. Even remote participants of the meetings can add content to the same white board virtually.
- Users can easily their own PowerPoint slides and each user can advance the slides separately.
1) As far as public meetings are concerned LRS is well compatible with Lync 2010/OCS 2007 R2 server but it will not include multi-view experience, or 1080p video resolution.
2) If private or restricted meetings are concerned then unfortunately LRS is not at all compatible with Lync 2010/OCS 2007 R2 server.
At the end I would just say, Lync Room System has reduced the average time of 10-15 minutes for setting up a conference to a single CLICK! What more can you ask for?